Huddling sentence example
- She sat down, huddling with her knees again.
- She scrambled toward the back of the cell, huddling with Lankha in a corner.
- Katie was huddling over the stove when Carmen entered the living room.
- The blonde was huddling against him, her hands roaming his body.
- At Cambridge in 1774 Fellow Commoners were examined with such precipitation to fulfil the formal requirements of the statutes that the ceremony was termed " huddling for a degree " (Jebb, Remarks upon the Present Mode of Education in the University of Cambridge, 4th ed., 1 774, p. 32).Advertisement
- The enemies in Black huddle around explosive barrels like office workers huddling around water coolers, sharing Lost theories.
- The broken and demoralized army, its ranks thinned by fever and sickness, at last began its hopeless retreat, attempting to reach Catania by a circuitous route; but, harassed by the numerous Syracusan cavalry and darters, after a few days of dreadful suffering, it was forced to lay down its arms. The Syracusans sullied the glory of their triumph by putting Nicias and Demosthenes to death, and huddling their prisoners into their stonequarries - a living death, dragged out, for the allies from Greece proper to the space of seventy days, for the Athenians themselves and the Greeks of Sicily and Italy for six months longer.
- The Riksdag ordinance of 1617 first converted a turbulent and haphazard mob of " riksdagmen," huddling together like a flock of sheep " or drunken boors," into a dignified national assembly, meeting and deliberating according to rule and order.
- However, the brainier bunch of the sports crowd were huddling around numbers and boning up on player stats playing fantasy football.
- A small shadowy group of people are huddling together among the large stones which form an enclave toward the center of the circle.Advertisement
- Under the weed suppression fabric by the entrance to the drive at the edge of the heather bed, three frogs are huddling together.