Hsv sentence example
- In some individuals, HSV can be reactivated from a latent state.
- The name of the test is an acronym derived from the initial letters of the five groups of chronic infections: toxoplasmosis, other viruses, rubella, cytomegalovirus (CMV), and herpes simplex virus (HSV).
- It is estimated that between one in 1,000 and one in 5,000 infants are born with HSV infections.
- Of infants born with HSV infection, about 20 percent have localized infections of the eyes, mouth, or skin.
- In order to begin early, effective treatment, it is critical for pediatricians to diagnose HSV infection in newborns as soon as possible.Advertisement
- In HSV infections, tissue culture is the best method to confirm the diagnosis.
- A positive smear cannot distinguish between varicella zoster virus and HSV-1, and a negative smear does not rule out HSV infection.
- Genital herpes-A life-long, recurrent sexually transmitted infection caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV).
- Those who do have symptoms usually notice them from two to 20 days after being exposed to someone with HSV infection.
- Herpes simplex virus: Two different types of HSV (HSV-1 and HSV-2) cause lesions on the genitals, although HSV-2 is associated with the majority of cases.Advertisement
- Infection may also occur during oral sex, such as transmission of HSV from an oral lesion to the genitals or vice versa, or transmission of HIV from genital secretions through a cut in the mouth.
- As viruses, HSV, HPV, and HIV are treatable but not curable.
- The frequency and duration of HSV lesions can be reduced with antiviral therapy, including acyclovir (Zovirax), famciclovir (Famvir), and valacyclovir (Valtrex).
- Examples are vitamin C (to boost the immune system), zinc (to reduce the frequency of HSV outbreaks), aloe (a possible antiviral), lemon balm (to speed healing), and licorice (with anti-inflammatory and antiviral effects).
- While HSV and HPS are not curable, outbreaks can be managed and infection generally has little effect on quality of life.Advertisement
- Herpes-Date (or "H-date") is another focused site that seems to try to provide a service to people with HSV (the Herpes Simplex Virus) but does so in a rather clumsy way.