Howitzer sentence example
- Part of it is now used as the headquarters of the 4th Welsh (Howitzer) Brigade R.F.A.
- D-1 152mm towed heavy howitzer 1943 One of the last WWII vintage weapons still in use.
- Mark I This was the first rifled howitzer to be introduced into service from 1872.
- Our shaven-headed leader needed no second bidding and hared into the area to unleash a howitzer past Masters.
- This was carried out by long range, heavy German artillery, which included a huge 42cm howitzer.Advertisement
- The field howitzer and siege howitzer were produced from 1896.
- He saved from Robinson, watched Earnie fire just wide then react smartly to touch a Gordon 30 yard howitzer over the bar.
- History is silent concerning the last acts of the mountain howitzer.
- The artillery is divided into (a) field artillery, horse artillery, mountain artillery and howitzer regiments; (b) fortress artillery; (c) artillery depots.
- On war-footing each field battery has 4 officers, 100-120 N.C. officers and men, 100-125 horses and draught animals, 3-9 ammunition wagons; each horse battery, 4 officers, 120 N.C. officers and men, 100 horses, &c., 3 ammunition wagons; each mountain battery, 3 officers, 100 N.C. officers and men, 87 horses, &c.; each howitzer battery, 4 officers, 120 N.C. officers and men, Poo horses, &c., 3 ammunition wagons.Advertisement
- In 1904 the total strength of the artillery was given as 198 field batteries (1188 guns), 18 horse batteries (108 guns), 40 mountain batteries (240 guns) and 12 howitzer batteries (72 guns): total 268 batteries (1608 guns).
- Howitzer sights are vertical and do not allow for drift; they are graduated in degrees only.
- Skoda howitzer, which is really a mortar as defined above, direction is given by means of a pointer on the mounting and a graduated arc on the bed.
- The war organization of the home establishment, with its general and special reserves, aimed at the mobilization and despatch overseas of 6 army divisions, each of 12 battalions in 3 brigades; 9 field batteries in 3 brigades, a brigade of 3 field howitzer batteries, and a heavy battery, each with the appropriate ammunition columns; 2 field companies and telegraph company R.E.; 2 companies mounted infantry; and ambulances, columns and parks.