Horst sentence example
- His inability to handle a steed were obviously when he could not make the horst stop running.
- Nathorst has suggested that the whole of Greenland is a "horst," in the subordinate folds of which, as well as in the deeper " graben," the younger rocks are preserved, often with a covering of Tertiary or later lava flows.'
- He studied theology at the university of Halle, and became tutor to the eldest son of the baron von der Horst, to whose family he attached himself for a number of years.
- Brooks differs greatly as to matter of fact from that of Horst, and appears to be erroneous in some respects.
- It is, in fact, a horst and not a zone of folding.Advertisement
- In the African portion Ruwenzori is regarded by some geologists to be a block mountain or horst.
- The speeches are of the greatest importance both for his character and for political history; of the numerous editions that by Horst Kohl, in 12 vols.
- Bismarck was an admirable letterwriter, and numbers of his private letters have been published; a collected edition has been brought out by Horst Kohl.
- Gerlach, which has been edited by Horst Kohl (3rd ed., Berlin, 1893).
- By far the fullest guide to Bismarck's life is Horst Kohl's Fiirst Bismarck, Regesten zu einer wissenschaftlichen Biographic (Leipzig, 1891-1892), which contains a record of Bismarck's actions on each day, with references to and extracts from his letters and speeches.Advertisement
- Further materials were publishes' periodically in the Bismarck-Jahrbuch, edited by Horst Kohl (Berlin, 1894-1896; Stuttgart, 1897-1899).
- Only two of the 12 couples, Mary Delgado and Byron Velvick and Tessa Horst and Andy Baldwin are reportedly still together, making the success rate for the show around 16 percent.
- Navy Lieutenant Andy Baldwin surprised everyone with his choice of Tessa Horst in the season finale after all but telling runner-up Bevan that she would be the one.
- His final two remaining ladies were Bevin Powers and Tessa Horst.
- Other works are quoted by Fulleborn and Horst, and by writers on the history of philosophy and magic; altogether about 98 books on the subject published before 1700 are at present accessible.Advertisement
- (Modified from Horst.) A, Blastula stage (one-cell-layered eaten its way into the in sac), with commencing invaginated endodermal sac, vagination of the wall of the and the cells pushed in with sac at bl, the blastopore.
- This interpretation of the appearances is contrary to that of Horst, from whom our drawings of the oyster's development are taken.