Hooting sentence example
- I was also serenaded by a hooting owl.
- Let them do the idiotic and maniacal hooting for men.
- I heard owls hooting at night; the whole place is highly suggestive of bygone times.
- Now herons call And wrangle by their pool; and hooting owls Sail from the wood above pale stooks of oats.
- There have even been news stories about people committing assault because some yahoo just can't keep from hooting and hollering through the whole darn workout.Advertisement
- The road was very busy with traffic, with much hooting of horns, obviously a very popular weekend route for locals.
- I weathered some merry snow-storms, and spent some cheerful winter evenings by my fireside, while the snow whirled wildly without, and even the hooting of the owl was hushed.
- The note of this once wild Indian pheasant is certainly the most remarkable of any bird's, and if they could be naturalized without being domesticated, it would soon become the most famous sound in our woods, surpassing the clangor of the goose and the hooting of the owl; and then imagine the cackling of the hens to fill the pauses when their lords' clarions rested!
- Yes, but think of the sleigh bells and the sound of the train coming in from Ridgway, clanking and hooting, and billowing its black smoke.