Hoodwink sentence example
- Most places that proclaim "We speak English" will likely hoodwink you for your cash and give you sub-standard food.
- To put it in simpler language, we do not hoodwink the workers.
- In other words, to use their contacts and reputation to hoodwink commissioning editors into publishing puff material under the guise of impartial journalism.
- As any con-man knows, the easiest way to hoodwink your mark is to let him think he's hoodwinking somebody else.
- This treaty, however, was kept from public knowledge, and Ashley helped Charles to hoodwink parliament by signing a similar treaty on the 2nd of February 1672, which was laid before them as the only one in existence.Advertisement