Honking sentence example
- He was often woken from the crime scene by honking horns or outside noises.
- You can alert others by honking a car horn or loudly describing what is happening.
- I don't know why, but there are a lot of weird signs in New York like "$350 penalty for honking."
- They passed over the pond toward Fair Haven, seemingly deterred from settling by my light, their commodore honking all the while with a regular beat.
- As it grew darker, I was startled by the honking of geese flying low over the woods, like weary travellers getting in late from Southern lakes, and indulging at last in unrestrained complaint and mutual consolation.Advertisement
- He also must not have read the "no honking sign" because it was a constant noise we heard during the ride.
- This illness rarely has any other symptoms other than a persistent, dry, honking cough.
- On his pages, close beside the Parthenon, the Sphinx, St Paul's, Etna and Vesuvius, you will find the White Mountains, Monadnock, Agiocochook, Katandin, the pickerelweed in bloom, the wild geese honking through the sky, the chick-a-dee braving the snow, Wall Street and State Street, cotton-mills, railroads and Quincy granite.
- It's so nice not to listen to police sirens and taxies honking their horns but I'm afraid we might have woken Howie up earlier.
- I don't know where we'll find a place to do our thing; this joint is like a zoo with honking horns and either back-fires or gunshots!Advertisement
- One night in the beginning of winter, before the pond froze over, about nine o'clock, I was startled by the loud honking of a goose, and, stepping to the door, heard the sound of their wings like a tempest in the woods as they flew low over my house.