Holm-oak sentence example
- Evergreens predominate in the south, where grow subtropical plants such as the myrtle, arbutus, laurel, holm-oak, olive and fig; varieties of the same kind are also found on the Atlantic coast (as far north as the Cotentin), where the humidity and mildness of the climate favor their growth.
- A notable further instance of the connexion of the western Himalayan flora with that of Europe is the holm oak (Quercus Ilex), which is characteristic of the Mediterranean region.
- The commonest species of trees are such as grow in central Europe, namely, ash, fir, pine, beech, acacia, maple, birch, box, chestnut, laurel, holm-oak, poplar, elm, lime, yew, elder, willow, oak.
- These forest remnants take the form of small copses of Holm Oak where the total number of trees is less than thirty.
- Mountaintops are bare, but lower slopes are thickly forested with holm oak and Aleppo pine.Advertisement
- Mountain tops are either rocky, bare or carpeted with tussock grass, above a belt of dense shady Holm Oak forest.