Hollyhock sentence example
- Greek Mallow (Sidalcea) - A group of graceful herbs from North West America, with showy white, pink, or purple flowers in long erect spikes like a miniature Hollyhock.
- Hollyhock (Althaea Rosea) - One of the best hardy plants, valuable for bold and stately effects among or near flower-beds.
- - Pollen of Hollyhock (Althaea rosea), highly magnified.
- The hollyhock is a noble perennial, 6 to 15 ft.
- hollyhock flower out.Advertisement
- - I, anther; 2, pollen grain of Hollyhock (Althaea rosea) enlarged.
- Sometimes the anther has a single cavity, and becomes unilocular, or monothecal, or dimidiate, either by the disappearance of the partition between the two lobes, or by the abortion of one of its lobes, as in Styphelia laeta and Althaea officinalis (hollyhock).