Hollyhock sentence example
- Sometimes the anther has a single cavity, and becomes unilocular, or monothecal, or dimidiate, either by the disappearance of the partition between the two lobes, or by the abortion of one of its lobes, as in Styphelia laeta and Althaea officinalis (hollyhock).
- - Pollen of Hollyhock (Althaea rosea), highly magnified.
- - I, anther; 2, pollen grain of Hollyhock (Althaea rosea) enlarged.
- The hollyhock is a noble perennial, 6 to 15 ft.
- Greek Mallow (Sidalcea) - A group of graceful herbs from North West America, with showy white, pink, or purple flowers in long erect spikes like a miniature Hollyhock.Advertisement