Hoi sentence example
- Leo Strauss thought hoi polloi could justifiable be kept docile by lies, and the biggest one is religion.
- A charming former merchant town, Hoi An is a wonderfully preserved architectural wonder combining Chinese, Japanese and European influences.
- So too the bull of Apis frol dack animal with white spots) was during its lifetime regarded tra(reincarnation of Ptah, the local god of Memphis, and similarly not Mnevis and Bacis bulls were accounted to be the living in s Es of Etom of Heliopolis and of Re of Hermonthis respec- cen ly; these latter cults are certainly secondary, for Ptah of 1 iself was never, either early or late, depicted otherwise than 0th iuman form, as a mummy or as a dwarf; and Etom and Re Hoi but different names of the sun-god.
- The engineers want to make three-dimensional printers available to the hoi polloi in the next decade.
- The emperor hosted gladiator games to appease the hoi polloi.Advertisement
- The hoi polloi prefered socialist policies of Bernie Sanders in the 2016 Presidential election.
- The president's advisors commented that economic issues were the most important if he wanted to win the support of the hoi polloi.
- The emperorhostedgladiator games to appease the hoi polloi.
- Tosca Cafe on Columbus in North Beach is an iconic bar that claims movie stars (think Penn, Coppola, Cage, and the like) as well as the hoi polloi for patrons.
- In ancient China, only the Emperor could wear the symbol of a dragon with five toes; four- or three-toed varieties were acceptable for the hoi polloi.Advertisement