Hoar sentence example
- Hoar, were prominent in the later history of the country.
- Hoar concerning Ellsworth's work in the constitutional convention.
- hoar frost in many areas left many drivers unaware of the hazard.
- Samuel Hoar >>Advertisement
- Whittier had in his lifetime commemorated him in his poem "The Hero," in which he called him "the Cadmus of the blind"; and in 1901 a centennial celebration of his birth was held at Boston, at which, among other notable tributes, Senator Hoar spoke of Howe as "one of the great figures of American history."
- In localities where there is hoar frost in autumn and spring the seed is sown in September or at latest in the beginning of October, and the yield of opium and seed is then greater than if sown later.
- He shows us a crystalline layer called surface hoar, the dusting of frozen dew you often see.
- GEORGE FRISBIE HOAR Cambridge, Mass., November 25, 1901.
- Boutell's Life of Roger Sherman (Chicago, 1896), based on material collected by Senator Hoar, is a careful and accurate work.Advertisement
- An absence of hoar frost in many areas left many drivers unaware of the hazard.
- In the morning all that was left of the night mist on the heights was a hoar frost now turning to dew, but in the valleys it still lay like a milk-white sea.
- Hoar and Eugene Hale, and Thomas B.