Hireling sentence example
- There was not one hireling there.
- It was De la Gardie who first made Sweden the obsequious hireling of the foreign power which had the longest purse.
- A pension he had defined as pay given to a state hireling to betray his country; a pensioner as a slave of state hired by a stipend to obey a master.
- Another characteristic of the de la Gardie government was its gross corruption, which made Sweden the obsequious hireling of that foreign power which had the longest purse.
- And so, He doesn't act like a mere hireling who runs when shepherding gets hard.Advertisement
- The hireling fleeth, because he is a hireling fleeth, because he is a hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
- Like the false shepherd, the hireling has self-interest.