Hilltops sentence example
- Farther north the country is peopled by Laos, scattered in villages along all the river banks, and by numerous communities of Shan, Karen, Kamoo and other tribes living in the uplands and on the hilltops.
- The ancient Jews were a striking exception; for though the frequent mention of ancestral graves on hilltops or in caves, and in connexion with sacred trees and pillars, and the resemblance of the "elohim" in Exod.
- fortifyof their settlements were fortified against attack - hence many were on hilltops or on promontories that could be easily defended.
- The moorland is capped with hundreds of exposed granite hilltops (known as tors ), providing habitats for Dartmoor wildlife.
- Peaceful wooded valleys, a dramatic coastal landscape and remote windswept hilltops give the Blackdowns a contrasting coastal and upland character.Advertisement
- During the summer they remain on hilltops to avoid midges.
- Ancient villages were built on hilltops like the old pueblo of Mojacar and always featured narrow winding streets to aid defense against the marauders.
- inland towns often positioned on hilltops like San Marino.
- The AONB's headlands and hilltops show many traces of prehistoric settlement.
- While they have suffered active e dissection by streams during the later cycles of erosion, ~ the hilltops have retained so considerable an altitude ~Advertisement
- The AONB 's headlands and hilltops show many traces of prehistoric settlement.