High-strung sentence example
- In general, a dog that is relatively calm is more likely to tolerate a costume than a high-strung animal.
- This psychic ability can make the child high-strung and overly-emotional.
- In 1876 Clifford, a man of high-strung and athletic, but not robust, physique, began to fall into ill-health, and after two voyages to the South, died during the third of pulmonary consumption at Madeira, on the 3rd of March 1879, leaving his widow with two daughters.
- His spiritual nature was high-strung and delicate; and this condition was aggravated by his constant study, his long fasts and his frequent vigils - in one year, according to his diary, he kept sixty fasts and twenty vigils.
- Yes, Howie is... high strung.Advertisement
- She becomes very high strung over the situation.
- Some small dogs are a little high strung and more easily overwhelmed than a big dog, so they often do well in a less chaotic household.