Hieroglyph sentence example
- Pierre knew very well what a hieroglyph was, but dared not speak.
- There is no hieroglyph for the word "progress" because the very idea of progress didn't exist.
- The hieroglyph of Leo, for instance, occurs among the symbols of the Mithraic worship."
- All symbols and tablets of humanity contain one hieroglyph, the sacred prayer - Peace and Unity.
- There's a small hole next to the rodent's foot hieroglyph.Advertisement
- Glyph: The glyph for Pisces is a fascinating one, and many think that it is an Egyptian hieroglyph meaning psychic regeneration.
- Its elements in the hieroglyphic form are pictorial, but each hieroglyph had one or more well-defined functions, fixed by convention in such a manner that the Egyptian language was expressed in writing word by word.
- The other view traces it to khem or khame, hieroglyph khmi, which denotes black earth as opposed to barren sand, and occurs in Plutarch as XvAda; on this derivation alchemy is explained as meaning the " Egyptian art."
- In the Saite period accordingly the figure of the sphinx was used as a hieroglyph for neb, " master," "lord."
- The early scribes outfit, often carried slung over his shoulder, is seen in the hieroglyph ~.Advertisement
- A hieroglyph," said the Rhetor, "is an emblem of something not cognizable by the senses but which possesses qualities resembling those of the symbol."
- - Temple Chamber, with richly carved wall facing and hieroglyph groups beneath the plinth.
- The hieroglyph of some other early sun temples shows a disk on the pyramidion.
- With the handle lengthened (86) and turned forward, this became the plough (87 is the hieroglyph, 88 the drawing, of a plough); this was always sloping, and never the upright post of the Italic type.
- She was of human form, in early times distinguished only by the hieroglyph of her name upon her head.Advertisement