Hic sentence example
- He was interred in his cathedral at midnight on the 22nd of October, in the same coffin as Stella, with the epitaph, written by himself, "Hic depositum est corpus Jonathan Swift, S.T.P., hujus ecclesiae cathedralis decani; ubi saeva indignatio cor ulterius lacerare nequit.
- He died on the 14th of September and by his orders the words Hic jacet pulvis, cinis, et nihil were put on his tomb.
- Hic Bunt poetae Pacuvi Marci sita Ossa.
- King Alphonso the Great found his tombstone at Viseo with the inscription, "Hic requiescit Rodericus rex Gothorum."
- The argument was that they correspond too closely with the Latin; Baeda's words, "hic est sensus, non autem ordo ipse verborum," being taken to mean that he had given, not a literal translation, but only a free paraphrase.Advertisement
- Coepi igitur, ejus hortatu, rejectis illis quos antea paraveram, de horum calculo serio cogitare; et sequenti aestate iterum profectus Edinburgum, horum quos hic exhibeo praecipuos, illi ostendi, idem etiam tertia aestate libentissime facturus, si Deus ilium nobis tamdiu superstitem esse voluisset."