Hexane sentence example
- Reactions occurred but despite many efforts only complex mixtures of hexane soluble phosphorus containing compounds could be obtained that proved impossible to identify.
- An example of this is the K + form zeolite Y catalyzed cracking of hexane at 500 C  .
- This is demonstrated in this paper by hexane and cyclohexane sorption measurements on different oxides.
- An example of this is the K + form zeolite Y catalyzed cracking of hexane at 500 C [4 ].
- The third most valuable indication which molecular structure gives about these isomers is how to prepare them, for instance, that normal hexane, represented by CH 3 CH 2 CH 2 CH 2 CH 2 CH3, may be obtained by action of sodium on propyl iodide, CH 3 CH 2 CH 2 I, the atoms of iodine being removed from two molecules of propyl iodide, with the resulting fusion.Advertisement
- Similarly, pentane, C 5 H 12, and hexane, C6H14, may exist in three and five theoretically isomeric forms respectively; confirmation of this theory is supplied by the fact that all these compounds have been obtained, but no more.