Heterocyclic sentence example
- Carbocyclic rings will next be treated, benzene and its allies in some detail; and finally the heterocyclic nuclei.
- Components of cooked meat that have been suggested to cause this include heterocyclic amines, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, nitrogenous residues and iron.
- Alternatively, the problem might be caused by compounds called heterocyclic amines, carcinogenic compounds created in the cooking process.
- Bupropion (Wellbutrin) is a heterocyclic antidepressant.
- There also exists an extensive class of compounds termed the " heterocyclic series " - these compounds are derived from ring systems containing atoms other than carbon; this class is more generally allied to the aromatic series than to the aliphatic.Advertisement
- The elements which go to form heterocyclic rings, in addition to carbon, are oxygen, sulphur, selenium and nitrogen.
- The more important nuclei of this type have received special and non-systematic names; when this is not the case, such terms as phen-, benzo-, naphthoare prefixed to the name of the heterocyclic ring.
- Pyrocatechin readily condenses to form heterocyclic compounds; cyclic esters are formed by phosphorus trichloride and oxychloride, carbonyl chloride, sulphuryl chloride, &c.; whilst ortho-phenylenediamine, o-aminophenol, and o-aminothiophenol give phenazine, phenoxazine and thiodiphenylamine.