Herpetic sentence example
- Amitriptyline has been shown to help in treatment of migraine and tension headache, post herpetic neuralgia as well as phantom limb pain.
- What are the risk factors for developing post herpetic neuralgia?
- Herpetic whitlow involving the index finger of a dentist.
- "Medical Encyclopedia: Herpetic Stomatitis."
- Herpetic gingivostomatitis-A severe oral infection that affects children under five years of age; vesicles and ulcerations, edematous throat, enlarged painful cervical lymph nodes occur; chills, fever, malaise, bed breath, and drooling.Advertisement
- Herpetic gingivostomatitis, which is relatively common in children, is an inflammation of the gums and mouth caused by the herpes simplex virus.
- There are no useful drugs to treat herpetic gingivostomatitis, but acyclovir is used in high-risk patients or those with a compromised immune system.
- After the herpetic lesions have disappeared, the gums usually return to normal if good oral hygiene is resumed.
- Active genital herpes: Any active herpetic lesions in the vaginal area can infect the baby as it passes through the birth canal.