Herbivores sentence example
- Other animals eat only plants - they are called herbivores.
- Furthermore, their habitat is constantly being degraded by non-native, introduced herbivores.
- Abstract: including large herbivores in wooded areas is often seen as a useful conservation tool.
- There are carnivores, herbivores and scavengers among them.
- The familiar illustration of Lamarck's hypothesis is that of the giraffe, whose long neck might, he suggested, have been acquired by the efforts of a primitively short-necked race of herbivores who stretched their necks to reach the foliage of trees in a land where grass was deficient, the effort producing a distinct elongation in the neck of each generation, which was then transmitted to the next.Advertisement
- Again, directly opposed to Cuvier's principle, we have discovered carnivores with hoofs, such as Mesonyx, and herbivores with sloth-like claws, such as Chalicotherium.
- On this site you can play such games as the Flying Bear, where you can throw your character across the woods, and Keep Away, where you protect the herbivores in your SimAnimal forest from the carnivores.
- Research Interests My research focuses on understanding the impact of free-ranging herbivores on the habitats they graze.
- Hay is absolutely vital to the health of small herbivores.
- Caution is advised in its use in other small herbivores.Advertisement
- Adult insect herbivores are among the most attractive of all insects.
- First of all, dogs are herbivores who will often enjoy the same foods that frequent their owner's table.
- Interestingly, most dinosaurs were herbivores and not really so terrible.
- These herbivores are often eaten by carnivores (meat-eaters) after which some carnivores are eaten by other carnivores.
- Why, then, in the interval has God designed lions to eat herbivores like lambs?Advertisement
- Initially focused on mammalian herbivores, we are now also working on the birds of the coastal marshes.
- The critical factor in relation to habitat recovery or change will be the relative balance of domestic and wild herbivores.
- Over hunting, which caused the extinction of the larger herbivores, led also to the loss of open ground.