Herbals sentence example
- Little else was produced in these times but compilations, of the most meagre kind, chiefly of the nature of herbals, or domestic receiptbooks; among the authors of which it may be sufficient to name Serenus Sammonicus (3rd century), Gargilius Martialis (3rd century) and Marcellus Empiricus (5th century).
- Indeed, formerly grass (also spelt gwrs, gres, gyrs in the old herbals) meant any green herbaceous plant of small size.
- It is also known as adder's foot, golden maidenhair and wood-fern, and is the oakfern of the old herbals.
- In the herbals and older treatises on materia medica and therapeutics no explanation is usually offered of the action of medicines, and in such works as that of Cullen (1789) only a few of the more obvious actions are occasionally explained according to the current theories of physiology and pathology.
- The problem with the FDA regulating is that herbals are less studied (the FDA relies heavily on studies) and also this is not completely along the lines of traditional FDA expertise.Advertisement
- As of now the best place to find up to date information on herbals for health and depression in particular is The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM).
- Certain medicines, including over-the-counter drugs and herbals, may also cause the pill to work less well.
- Herbal Teas - Herbals teas are often recommended both to curb appetite and hunger and to help aide digestion.