Heightens sentence example
- In this more general respect, an arboretum or woodland affords shelter, improves local climate, renovates bad soils, conceals objects unpleasing to the eye, heightens the effect of what is agreeable and graceful, and adds value, artistic and other, to the landscape.
- The truce makes a pause which heightens the interest of the impending battle; the duel and the scene on the walls are effective in bringing some of the leading characters on the stage, and in making us acquainted with the previous history.
- The fact that most Americans do not have the luxury of packing their desk and plopping down in a new office only heightens the strain.
- Scrolls that intertwine along the temple line only heightens the drama.
- It is natural for parents to be concerned when a baby cries, and their concern only heightens if it seems they can do nothing to stop the crying.Advertisement
- But being a teenager in the spotlight, it just heightens it.
- The mid-section features a gathered waist belt with gold disc accent that actually heightens your waistline.
- In fact, animal prints are sexier on a one-piece suit, as it heightens the effect and gives a stronger hint as to the beast within.
- A severe deficiency in your blood can cause clotting time to increase and heightens the risk for excessive bleeding.
- Adding something that's a little out of the ordinary from another discipline not only shows your skills as dancers, it also heightens the creativity of your routine.Advertisement
- Taking her story to the next level of development, Rowling heightens the flames of the fire that is burning under her cauldren, adding carefully the ingredients to produce a very powerful potion.
- The tension heightens as elsewhere Lex's body is taken over by Zod who holds Lana captive.
- He has used all his acquired science of linear and aerial perspective to create an almost complete illusion to the eye, but an illusion that has in it nothing trivial, and in heightening our sense of the material reality of the scene only heightens its profound spiritual impressiveness and gravity.
- Persian literature after that date, and especially Persian poetry, is full of an ardent natural pantheism, in which a mystic apprehension of the unity and divinity of all things heightens the delight in natural and in human beauty.