Hedley sentence example
- The numerous facts, geological, geographical and biological, which when linked together lend great support to this theory, have been well worked out in Australia by Mr Charles Hedley of the Australian Museum, Sydney.
- (1893); Hedley, " Surviving Refugees in Austral Lands of Ancient Antarctic Life," Royal Society N.
- C. Hedley in Dublin Review (October 1870).
- No sooner had their carded prop returned, their long serving open side flanker, Hedley Verity, took his place on the bench.
- Mr Justice Hedley will decide whether the present ' Do not resuscitate ' order should remain.Advertisement
- Richard Trevithick, indeed, had in 1804 tried a high-pressure steam locomotive, with smooth wheels, on a plate-way near Merthyr Tydvil, but it was found more expensive than horses; John Blenkinsop in 1811 patented an engine with cogged wheel and rack-rail which was used, with commercial success, to convey coal from his Middleton colliery to Leeds; William Hedley in 1813 built two locomotives - Puffing Billy and Wylam Dilly - for hauling coal from Wylam Colliery, near Newcastle; and in the following year George Stephenson's first engine, the Blucher, drew a train of eight loaded wagons, weighing 30 tons, at a speed of 4 m.
- Mr Justice Hedley will decide whether the present ' Do Not Resuscitate ' order should remain.