Hedera sentence example
- Hedera * - Ivy.
- The following purely Caucasian species also grow on the coastfive species of spearwort, three of saxifrage, Aster caucasica, Dioscorea caucasica, Echinops raddeanus, Hedera colchica, Helleborus caucasica and Peucedanum caucasicum.
- Hedera helix, is the only native British evergreen climbing shrub.
- In another case, a white female homemaker aged 33 years became sensitized by cutting back Hedera during the summer.
- Although the common ivy Hedera helix appears the most frequent, a variety of cultivars and other species are available for horticultural use.Advertisement
- Scierophyllous Plants.These are plants with evergreen leathery ives, and typical of tropical, sub-tropical, and warm temperate gions; e.g., Quercus Suber, Ilex Aquifohium, Hedera Helix, Eucalyps Globulus, Rosmarinus officinalis.
- The mere enumeration of the genera will indicate how close the flowering plants are to living forms. Newberry records Juglans, Myrica (7 species), Populus, Salix (5 species), Quercus, Planera, Ficus (3 species), Persoonia and another extinct Proteaceous genus named Proteoides, Magnolia (7 species), Liriodendron (4 species), Menispermites, Laurus and allied plants, Sassafras (3 species), Cinnamomum, Prunus, Hymenaea, Dalbergia, Bauhinia, Caesalpinia, Fontainea, Colutea and other Leguminosae, Ilex, Celastrus, Celastrophyllum (Io species), Acer, Rhamnites, Paliurus, Cissites, Tiliaephyllum, Passiflora, Eucalyptus (5 species), Hedera, Aralia (8 species), Cornophyllum, Andromeda (4 species), Myrsine, Sapotacites, Diospyros, Acerates, Viburnum and various genera of uncertain affinities.
- Ivy (Hedera) - H. helix is the most beautiful evergreen climber of our northern and temperate world, and is a noble garden plant that may be used in many ways.
- Although there are many varieties, there are only two accepted species-the Australian, that is confined to the continent of Australia; and Hedera helix, which is found wild in the British Isles, and spreads over Europe, reaching into N.