Hectolitres sentence example
- In 1871 o~ily 20 hectolitres were produced, but in 1881 the output was 318,000 hectolitres, the maximum hitherto attained.
- The diffusion cells are closed, vertical, cylindrical vessels, holding generally 60 hectolitres, or 1320 gallons, and are arranged in batteries of 12 to 14.
- 380,000 hectolitres (1919-20; 1,151,000 hectolitres before the war).
- With some vines as old as 70 years, they only produce about 18 hectolitres per hectare.
- The crop is a variable one, the export in 1905 having been 198,226 hectolitres, while that of 1906 was 96,770 hectolitres.Advertisement
- Of beer 13 million hectolitres are brewed annually, of which one million are exported.
- The production of wine in the vintage of 1907, which was extraordinarily abundant all over the country, was estimated at 1232 million gallons (56 million hectolitres), the average for 1901f 903 being some 352 million gallons less; of this the probable home consumption was estimated at rather over half, while a considerable amount remained over from 1906.
- The average production is about i8o,ooo hectolitres per annum.