Heckled sentence example
- But of the mode in which it was planted, steeped, heckled, cleansed and generally prepared for use, we can form no idea any more than we can of the mode or tools employed by the settlers in its cultivation..
- The following analysis of two varieties of heckled Belgian flax is by Dr Hugo Miller (Hoffmann's Berichte fiber die Entwickelung der chemischen Industrie): - According to the determinations of Julius Wiesner (Die Rohstoffe des Pflanzenreiches), the fibre ranges in length from 20 to 140 centimetres, the length of the individual cells being from 2.0 to 4.0 millimetres, and the limits of breadth between 0 012 and 0.025 mm., the average being o 016 mm.
- heckled a speech given by Winston Churchill.
- Members heckled Liberal Democrat leader Charles Kennedy during a campaign walkabout at the Fox and Goose shopping center last week.
- During his speech he was loudly heckled by a large group of Scottish Socialist Party supporters calling him ' fascist ' .Advertisement
- heckled off.
- Lula said he was not afraid of heckles: he had been heckled when the PT and the CUT were launched.
- The crowd offered a smattering of uncomfortable but polite applause, and some even heckled the act.
- Comedians have long been heckled while performing on stage, and many have found humorous ways to turn it around on the hecklers.
- Anyone who publicly answers that question is begging to be heckled in the years to come.Advertisement