Hebe sentence example
- forests: jebe (also written hebe) or seringa, and caucho- the former being collected from the Hevea guayanensis, or H.
- The immortal part of Hercules passes to Olympus, where he is reconciled to Hera and weds her daughter Hebe.
- From 1821 to 1826 he published many separate poems of great beauty in the Aurora, Hebe, Aspasia, and other magazines of polite literature.
- One of his greatest successes was as Benvenuto Cellini, in which he displayed his ability both as an actor and as a sculptor, really modelling before the eyes of the audience a statue of Hebe.
- This has been supposed to point to a confusion between Aphrodite and Hebe, the daughter of Zeus and Hera, Dione being an Epirot name for the last-named goddess.Advertisement
- In 218 B.C., by order of the Sibylline books, a lectisternium was prepared for Juventas and a public thanksgiving to Hercules, an association which shows the influence of the Greek Hebe, the wife of Heracles.
- The centaurs were the offspring of Ixion and Nephele (the rain-cloud), or of Kentauros (the son of these two) and some Magnesian mares or of Apollo acid Hebe.
- Shrubs come in all shapes and sizes -- Buddleia for butterflies, flowering currant, hebe and mahonia for bees.
- Figure 3. artificial inoculation of Verticillium dahliae on Hebe.
- To the first class belong the Busiris, in which Heracles is represented as a voracious glutton; the Marriage of Hebe, remarkable for a lengthy list of dainties.Advertisement
- Most accounts give the children of Zeus and Hera as Ares, Hebe, Hephaetus, Eileithyia, and Eris.