Heaven-sent sentence example
- To the middle classes of the 17th century he seemed a heaven-sent philosopher and guide, and was only less popular than Francis Quarles the poet.
- What would become of the confessional if penitents were allowed to act on what they fondly took to be a heaven-sent inspiration?
- And even the more moderate believers in the pope's infallibility maintained that it was merely negative, a heaven-sent immunity against falling into error.
- By the vehemence of his rhetoric, by the fervour of his grandiose schemes for the remaking of China at the time of the revolution, he captured the imagination of considerable sections of the public, especially in the United States; but his subsequent career failed to justify his own belief in himself as a heaven-sent reformer.
- To astrological politics we owe the theory of heaven-sent rulers, instruments in the hands of Providence, and saviours of society.Advertisement
- Needless to say, waterproof mascara is a heaven-sent product for women everywhere, regardless of whether or not she's prone to a few tears every now and then.
- In that case, it can even be worn on its own - it's heaven-sent for on-the-go women in search of quick beauty products that don't require too much effort.
- According to Guinness World Records, the smallest living dog in 2006 was a Chihuahua named Heaven Sent Brandy that measured just six inches long..
- If being a show stopper comes naturally to you, then you'll find these shoes heaven sent!