Heaven-knows sentence example
- curtsyere rehearsing our little curtsies and all our knees were shaking, heaven knows why.
- Theatricals, hunting, and heaven knows what besides!
- Why do you remain silent when heaven knows who permits herself to interfere, making a scene on the very threshold of a dying man's room?
- I know, heaven knows how, but I know for certain that you won't marry her.
- Yes, first I thought that we are driving along and imagining that we are going home, but that heaven knows where we are really going in the darkness, and that we shall arrive and suddenly find that we are not in Otradnoe, but in Fairyland.Advertisement
- Heaven only knows where we are going, and heaven knows what is happening to us--but it is very strange and pleasant whatever it is.
- And if this is really Melyukovka, it is still stranger that we drove heaven knows where and have come to Melyukovka, thought Nicholas.
- In Moscow they are saying heaven knows what about him....
- If we had not said that till the evening, heaven knows what might not have happened.
- Another time, general attention was attracted by a small brown dog, coming heaven knows whence, which trotted in a preoccupied manner in front of the ranks with tail stiffly erect till suddenly a shell fell close by, when it yelped, tucked its tail between its legs, and darted aside.Advertisement