Heart-breaking sentence example
- The visual incongruity of erstwhile ambassador and broken Jack-in-the-box is heart-breaking.
- (Mystery, paragraph 12, p. 402.) When we add to these and other proofs the strange lists of memoranda in the middle of the pages of the letter, and the breach in internal chronology which was apparently caused by Mary's writing, on her second day, on the clean verso of a page on the other side of which she had written some lines during her first night in Glasgow; when we add the dramatic changes of her mood, and the heart-breaking evidence of a remorse not stifled by lawless love, we seem compelled to believe that she wrote the whole of Letter II.; that none of it is forged.
- Trust, 2010: In the midst of heart-breaking drama, Clive Owen sports the Luminor 1950 8 Days Chrono Monopulsante GMT, a specialty watch by Panerai.
- The recovery of the Italian army on Monte Grappa and the Piave, after the initial failures and the heart-breaking experiences of the long retreat, was a remarkable feat of courage and will.
- You may be the one who has to do the heart-breaking, or you may end up being the one who gets dumped.Advertisement
- In 1999, after a heart-breaking record 19 nominations for the best daytime Emmy, the actress finally took home the award in 1999.