Head-house sentence example
- The head house of the order in England was Welbeck.
- The French houses, twenty-one in number, formed a separate congregation, the head-house being in Paris.
- The abbot of the head monastery was the superior-general of the whole institute; he nominated the superiors of the other monasteries; he was visitor and held periodical visitations at all of them; he exercised universal supervision, control and authority; and every year a general chapter was held at the head house.
- The order spread widely in Sweden and Norway, and played a remarkable part in promoting culture and literature in Scandinavia; to this is to be attributed the fact that the head house at Vastein, by Lake Vetter, was not suppressed till 1595.
- The first monastery and head house of the order was at Cerfroy near Soissons.Advertisement