Hdl cholesterol sentence example
- However, studies have shown that dietary cholesterol also increases HDL cholesterol which may protect against coronary heart disease.
- That is, your total cholesterol divided by your HDL cholesterol.
- wild yam has been reported to raise HDL cholesterol in preliminary research.
- Wild yam has been reported to raise HDL cholesterol in preliminary research.
- Acai's monosaturated fats, similar to that found in olives and other plant-based foods, raise HDL cholesterol while lowering LDL cholesterol.Advertisement
- Cholesterol buildup in the arteries often precedes cardiovascular problems, and doctors often recommend that patients reduce their cholesterol or improve the ratio of so-called "good" HDL cholesterol to "bad" LDL cholesterol.
- All three groups taking the cinnamon pills had reduced blood sugar levels, reduced triglycerides and so called "bad" LDL cholesterol, and improved HDL cholesterol.
- Another important nutrient found in alfalfa sprouts is saponins.Saponins are known to lower the levels of bad cholesterol and fat in the body but they do not lower the good HDL cholesterol.
- Cardiovascular benefits of consuming more omega-3's include lowered blood pressure and improved ratio of the so-called "good" HDL cholesterol to "bad" LDL cholesterol, while simultaneously lowering overall blood cholesterol readings.
- Vitamin B5 is necessary for the metabolism and is essential in creating hormones and HDL cholesterol (the good cholesterol).Advertisement
- Soluble fiber can reduce LCL cholesterol (the bad kind) without affecting HDL cholesterol (the good kind).
- Olive oil contains a wealth of heart-healthy antioxidants that not only lower your LDL levels but don't affect your HDL cholesterol.
- Having high HDL cholesterol can help prevent it.