Hayne sentence example
- Robert Young Hayne >>
- Hayne, from the same state, voiced this doctrine in the Senate, and Webster's reply was his most powerful exposition of the national conception of the Union.
- This was on the 29th of December 1829, and after Senator Benton of Missouri had denounced the resolution as one inspired by hatred of the East for the West, Hayne, on the 19th of January 1830, made a vigorous attack on New England, and declared his opposition to a permanent revenue from the public lands or any other source on the ground that it would promote corruption and the consolidation of the government and "be fatal to the sovereignty and independence of the states."
- Webster's brief reply drew from Hayne a second speech, in which he entered into a full exposition of the doctrine of nullification, and the important part of Webster's second reply to Hayne on the 26th and 27th of January is a masterly exposition of the Constitution as in his opinion it had come to be after a development of more than forty years.
- There are two Italian marble monuments in honour of Confederate soldiers, and monuments to the Southern poets, Paul Hamilton Hayne and Richard Henry Wilde (1789-1847).Advertisement
- ANDREW HULL FOOTE (1806-1863), American admiral, was born at New Haven, Connecticut, on the 12th of September 1806, his father, Samuel Augustus Foote (1780-1846), being a prominent lawyer and Whig politician, who as U.S. senator moved in 1829 Foote's resolutions " on public lands, in the discussion of which Daniel Webster made his " reply to Hayne."
- ROBERT YOUNG HAYNE (1791-1839), American political leader, born in St Paul's parish, Colleton district, South Carolina, on the Toth of November 1791.
- Hayne is best remembered, however, for his great debate with Daniel Webster in January 1830.
- Foote (1780-1846) of Connecticut, calling for the restriction of the sale of public lands to those already in the market, but was con cerned primarily with the relation to one another and the respective powers of the federal government and the individual states, Hayne contending that the constitution was essentially a compact between the states, and the national government and the states, and that any state might, at will, nullify any federal law which it considered to be in contravention of that compact.
- His son, Paul Hamilton Hayne (5830-5886), was a poet of some distinction, and in 1878 published a life of his father.Advertisement
- Hayne and his Times (New York, 1909).
- The Hayne's Automotive Repair Manual is a good source of information about the inner workings of the Toyota Prius.
- Hayne's Online is the industry leader in auto repair.
- Many private auto mechanics purchase Hayne's repair manuals to improve their own ability to troubleshoot car problems, so if you purchase your own manual from Hayne's, you can't go wrong.
- Hayne's retailer with a long list of manuals for different models, and this site has many manuals available for vintage Honda cars.Advertisement