Have-a-word sentence example
- Although a low cost motel you're crashing in for one night might not be willing - or able - to rustle up any free tickets for you, if you're staying in pricier lodging for several nights, have a word with the concierge or front desk.
- The Current Word area is handy to see if you have a word or not, especially when you need to start a word with a certain letter and you don't know if you have a word.
- "Maybe I ought to have a word with your brother," she grumbled, surprised the man could insult her without being present.
- lend a hand have a word with Marion or Fr.
- pitch and stress: Japanese is only minimally semantically tonal, tho the majority of dialects have a word pitch accent.Advertisement
- bandy Yes, I didn't have a word at that time, human factors wasn't a term bandied about per se.
- classified ads have a word limit in some editions.
- "Helene, I have a word to say to you," and he would lead her aside, drawing her hand downward.
- Another misty and overcast morning, could somebody have a word with somebody about this weather - we are getting slightly soggy.
- The natives of India can scarcely be said to have a word of their own by which to express their common country.Advertisement