Haunch sentence example
- There is a strongly marked median longitudinal ventral black stripe, to which the lower ends of the transverse side stripes are usually united, but the dorsal stripe (also strongly marked) is completely isolated in its posterior half, and the uppermost of the broad haunch stripes runs nearly parallel to it.
- In most insects the leg is built up of nine segments: (1) a broad triangular, sub-globular, conical or cylindrical haunch (coxa); (2) a small trochanter; (3) an elongate stout thigh (femur); (4) a more slender shin (tibia); and (5-9) a foot consisting of five tarsal segments.
- V., Prothorax, b, haunch; a, trochanter.
- Sharp; in the stag-beetle larva a series of short tubercles on the hind-leg is drawn across the serrate edge of a plate on the haunch of the intermediate legs, while in the Passalid grub the modified tip of the hind-leg acts as a scraper, being so shortened that it is useless for locomotion, but highly specialized for producing sound.
- Males of the little water-bugs of the genus Corixa make a shrill chirping note by drawing a row of teeth on the flattened fore-foot across a group of spines on the haunch of the opposite leg.Advertisement
- Perhaps the most constant and obvious distinction between this species and the next is the arrangement of the stripes on the hinder part of the back, where there are a number of short transverse bands reaching to the median longitudinal dorsal stripe, and unconnected with the uppermost of the broad stripes which pass obliquely across the haunch from the flanks towards the root of the tail.
- haunch of venison with port wine sauce.
- haunch steak served on a cabbage mash.
- My main course was a venison haunch steak served on a cabbage mash.
- haunch of wild boar with tomatoes and beans.Advertisement
- The creature was too unwieldy to lift, so the hunter contented himself with cutting away one haunch and part of the flank.
- The menu is a real chunk of haut cuisine with a choice of roast haunch of venison with port wine sauce.
- venison haunch steak served on a cabbage mash.
- servece haunch on serving dish and pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the roasting tin.
- unwieldy to lift, so the hunter contented himself with cutting away one haunch and part of the flank.Advertisement
- Place haunch on serving dish and pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the roasting tin.