Haulm sentence example
- Tubers are also sometimes formed on aerial branches, as in some Aroids, Begonias, &c. The production of small green tubers on the haulm, in the axils of the leaves of the potato, is not very unfrequent, and affords an interesting proof of the true morphological nature of the underground shoots and tubers.
- When the haulm of the potato has grown to about 6 in.
- As incubation goes on the hollow is somewhat deepened, and perhaps some haulm is added to its edge, so that at last a very fair nest is the result.
- The haulm and husks are either used for litter or burned, and the ashes spread upon the land.
- The nature of these tubers is further rendered evident by the presence of "eyes" or leaf-buds, which in due time lengthen into shoots and form the haulm or stems of the plant.Advertisement
- The increase in quantity of pesticides used in 1996 was attributed to increased use of sulphuric acid as a potato haulm desiccant.
- If your area is prone to blight, cut the haulm in later summer and burn it; lift the potatoes two weeks later.
- To the left you can see the haulm over the compost heap.
- haulm growth the right kind of protection is important too.
- haulm desiccant.Advertisement
- sporulateate may take several days to kill the foliage and sporulating blight lesions have been found on glyphosate treated haulm.
- Glyphosate may take several days to kill the foliage and sporulating blight lesions have been found on glyphosate treated haulm.