Hater sentence example
- He is an earnest worshipper of the Virgin, but a bold and vigorous hater of monks and abbots.
- The self confessed hater of sci-fi already has a permanent momento from American Fans of the show.
- Disillusioned and cynical, though clear-sighted as ever, he was henceforth before all things an Austrian, more Austrian on occasion even than Metternich; as, e.g., when, during the final stages of the campaign of 1814, he expressed the hope that Metternich would substitute "Austria" for "Europe" in his diplomacy and - strange advice from the old hater of Napoleon and of France - secure an AustroFrench alliance by maintaining the husband of Marie Louise on the throne of France.
- But he was what Horace was not, a thoroughly good hater; and he lived at a time when the utmost freedom of speech and the most unrestrained indulgence of public and private animosity were the characteristics of men who took a prominent part in affairs.
- According to Lord Holland, he had been noted at Oxford as a furious Jacobin and hater of the aristocracy.Advertisement