Haslemere sentence example
- In 1867 he determined to make for himself a haven of refuge against the invading Philistine, and bought some land on Blackdown, above Haslemere, then a secluded corner of England; here 1'Ir (afterwards Sir) James Knowles began to build him a house, ultimately named Aldworth.
- He built in 1877 a cottage on Bel Alp above the Rhone valley, and in 1885 a house on Hindhead, near Haslemere.
- HASLEMERE, a market-town in the Guildford parliamentar division of Surrey, England, 43 m.
- Pop. of Haslemere (1901), 2614 of Hindhead, 666.
- According to Mr Bean in Trees and Shrubs, p. 165, it is a native of Spain, and only hardy in the milder parts of Great Britain, needing at Kew wall protection, but in the gardens at Grayswood Hill, near Haslemere, thriving splendidly.Advertisement
- China, as yet little known, but thriving in high ground at Haslemere, in Surrey.