Harvest-time sentence example
- At harvest-time the produce is placed in the barns of the lessor, who first deducts 25% as premium, then 16% for battiteria (the difference between corn before and after winnowing), then deducts a proportion for rent and subsidies, so that the portion retained by the actual tiller of the soil is extremely meagre.
- No measures had been taken to supply these voluntary crusaders with food or clothing; as harvest-time approached, the landlords commanded them to return to reap the fields, and on their refusing to do so, proceeded to maltreat their wives and families and set their armed retainers upon the half-starved multitudes.
- With these, as a work produced without any literary suggestion, though very different in feeling, may be associated the "Eastern Slinger scaring Birds in the Harvest-time: Moon-rise" (1875), a nude figure standing on a raised platform in a field of wheat.
- It resembles somewhat the movement of Irish labourers into Great Britain at harvest time.
- Various settlements of them are found also in Antioch itself and in Tarsus, Adana, and a few other places, while in harvest time they come down as far as the Biqa (Buka`a).Advertisement
- The only venomous species to be found in central Chile is that of a spider which frequents the wheat fields in harvest time.
- Amazing cereal links As harvest time approaches, cereal crops such as maize and wheat look very different from each other in the field.
- Ocular effects can result from entry of seeds into the conjunctival sac of farmers at harvest-time (Simmons 1957 ).
- In the harvest time we would be working up until ten o'clock and later as we had double summertime.
- The animal which popular belief identified with the corn demon is sometimes killed in the spring in order to mingle its blood or bones with the seed; at harvest-time it is supposed to sit in the last corn and the animals driven out from it are sometimes killed; at others the reaper who cuts the last ear is said to have killed the "wolf" or the "dog," and sometimes receives the name of "wolf" or "dog" and retains it till the next harvest.Advertisement
- Ocular effects can result from entry of seeds into the conjunctival sac of farmers at harvest-time (Simmons 1957).
- In India, the paisley design was a symbol used for village people to identify harvest time.
- When harvest time comes, you can see who grew the biggest watermelon, or just the most delicious one.
- For wine lovers, it's harvest time in wine country!
- If you want to go during harvest time (late August to mid-October) plan on having the cellar tour be shortened or changed.Advertisement
- During harvest time there will be forklifts flying left and right, grape skins and wet floors and potentially harmful gasses being produced…all not so much fun for you, the visitor.
- The grapes grow in small, dense clusters infused with intense flavors by harvest time.
- Factors that do alter nutrient values include soil conditions, climate, genetics, and ripeness or maturity at harvest time (for produce).