Harvest-festival sentence example
- 150) mentions an Athenian harvest festival Eucharisteria.
- The manner of the victim's death in these festivals afforded scope for variety; they dressed them and made them dance in character, threw them into the fire for the fire-god, or crushed them between two balanced stones at the harvest-festival.
- xxxiv 22 (J, in which the harvest festival is called "feast of weeks") we have only a bare statement that the harvest festival took place some weeks after the opening spring festival called Massoth.
- q that we find it explicitly stated that seven weeks elapsed between the beginning of the corn-harvest ("when thou puttest the sickle to the corn") and the celebration of the harvest festival (K¢sir).
- It therefore comes near in time to the feast of unleavened cakes rather than to the later harvest festival in the month Sivan called "feast of weeks."Advertisement
- This feast, with its offerings, was also the nation's harvest festival.
- The time of the year can offer great themes for showers, from a spring garden party to a summer pool party, a fall harvest festival or a winter wonderland party complete with hot chocolate and a roaring fire.
- Thursday in November - Harvest Festival - Franklin the turkey needs your help to save him from being eaten at the feast by the Wishing Well.
- Later in the 19th century, the influx of Irish immigrants into America helped spread the popularity of the harvest festival tradition.