Harries sentence example
- Haitinger, Monats., 1882, 3, p. 228); and by boiling succinic dialdehyde with ammonia and glacial acetic acid (C. Harries, Ber., 1901, 34, p. 1 497).
- The a-oxime, on long continued boiling with a concentrated solution of a caustic alkali, is partially decomposed with formation of some acetone and acetoxime (C. Harries, Ber., 1898, 31, pp. 1381, 1808; 18 99, 32, p. 1 33 1).
- Busch, Ber., 1899, 32, p. 2960): N C(SH):N C 6 H 5 /N C:NC6H5 C. 2 S 7Hs " H s d-H N NH C,H 7 C7 "N N C,H7 C. Harries (Ber., 1895, 28, p. 1223) has also shown that as-phenylhydrazino-acetic esters, when heated with formamide and substituted formamides under pressure, yield dihydrotriazines: CO 2 R CO-NR'-CH H2 N(C6H5)NH2 +R'NH CHO --> CH 2 N(C 6 H 5) IV The phen-a-triazines are yellow-coloured crystalline compounds of a somewhat basic character.
- With ozone they form ozonides (C. Harries, Ber., 1904, 37, p. 8 39).
- C. Harries (Ann., 1903, 328, p. 88) obtained them tolerably pure by the dry distillation of the phosphates of I.Advertisement
- Erdmann, Ber., 1885, 18, p. 454); or by heating succindialdehyde with two parts of phosphorus trisulphide (C. Harries, Ber., 1901, 34, p. 1496).
- Peter Harries Partial index: Re: Supernova causing P/T boundry mass extinctions?
- His only child, Beryl Harries Brunker became a schoolmistress and married Leslie Nelson, a Clerk in Holy Orders on August 16 1944.
- Harries sympathizes with Dawkins sense of awe at the wonders of the universe.