Harpy sentence example
- The precise affinities of the harpy cannot be said to have been determined.
- On the so-called Harpy monument from Lycia, now in the British Museum, the Harpies appear carrying off some small figures, supposed to be the daughters of Pandareus, unless they are intended to represent departed souls.
- 197); by the harpy Podarge he was also the father of Xanthus and Balius, the horses of Achilles.
- Though known since the middle of the 17th century, its habits have come very little under the notice of naturalists, and what is said of them by the older writers must be received with some Harpy.
- The sea-horse and the Siren alone are commonly found as charms; the Siren being sometimes in her fishtail form and sometimes in the form of a harpy.Advertisement
- Harpy eagles and king vultures soar above the canopy, while scarlet macaws as well as blue and yellow macaws feast on clay licks.
- HARPY, a large diurnal bird of prey, so named after the mythological monster of the classical poets (see Harpies), - the Thrasaetus harpyia of modern ornithologists - an inhabitant of the warmer parts of America from Southern Mexico to Brazil.
- Harpy and Crested Eagles hunt here and we'll see colonies of leafcutter ants and myriad butterflies.
- They were a key part of men's clothing and were usually made out of parrots, macaws and harpy eagles ' feathers.
- harpy first season we have sea serpents; we have an avalanche of rocks that reconfigures into a rock giant; we have harpies.Advertisement
- harpy eagles patrol the canopy.