Harpsichords sentence example
- Harpsichords had long been preferred at the tertia minore.
- Like most Continental eighteenth-century harpsichords made north of the Alps, this instrument was originally made with a painted soundboard.
- It does not appear from any evidence that the keyboards - when there were more than one - of the early organs were arranged for transposition, but it is certain that the Flemish harpsichords to 1650 were made with double keyboards to accommodate it (see Hipkins' History of the Pianoforte, 1897).
- harpsichords of the period around 1761.
- Other instruments they make include harpsichords, lute, viols and recorders.Advertisement
- harpsichords made by this firm is given in Grove's Dictionary of Music.
- Frederick afterward (in 1766) ordered from Shudi two double harpsichords for his new palace at Potsdam, where they still remain.