Harpies sentence example
- Having been deprived of his sight by the gods for his ill-treatment of his sons by his first wife (or for having revealed the future to mortals), he was condemned to be tormented by two Harpies, who carried off whatever food was placed before him.
- His oracular reserve, personal honesty and consistency of aim had gained him the suffrages of all who hoped to save France from the harpies of the Directory and the violent rhetoricians of the now reconstituted Jacobin Club.
- At the entrance to the Euxine, at Salmydessus on the coast of Thrace, they met Phineus, the blind and aged king whose food was being constantly polluted by the Harpies.
- He knew the course to Colchis, and offered to tell it, if the Argonauts would free him from the Harpies.
- The mythological enemies include Cyclops, gorgons, minotaurs, undead warriors, and winged harpies.Advertisement
- You will encounter a room that appears to be occupied by an unlimited supply of Harpies that you cannot seem to get rid of.
- From the beginning, the action is continuous as you battle numerous mythical monsters including Cyclops, Gorgons, Harpies and Wraiths.
- Once Kratos claims Pandora's Box, Aries, not leaving anything to chance, hurls a 20-foot-long log miles and miles away to Pandora's temple and kills Kratos, then he gets the Harpies to go and retrieve Pandora's Box.
- On the so-called Harpy monument from Lycia, now in the British Museum, the Harpies appear carrying off some small figures, supposed to be the daughters of Pandareus, unless they are intended to represent departed souls.
- Accordingly, when the Harpies appeared as usual to carry off the food from Phineus's table, they were driven off and pursued by Calais and Zetes, the sons of Boreas, as far as the Strophades islands in the Aegean.Advertisement