Harpenden sentence example
- Of these stations the greatest, and the oldest now existing, is that at Rothamsted, Harpenden, Herts, England, which was founded in 1843 by Sir John Bennet Lawes.
- from London, with a station on a branch of the Midland railway from Harpenden, and near Boxmoor station on the London and North Western main line.
- HARPENDEN, an urban district in the Mid or St Albans parliamentary division of Hertfordshire, England, 25 m.
- The country neighbouring to Harpenden is very pleasant, including the gorse-covered Harpenden Common and the narrow well-wooded valley of the upper Lea.
- On the west and north the residential suburbs immediately outside the county include Acton and Ealing, Willesden, Highgate, Finchley and Hornsey; from the last two a densely populated district extends north through Wood Green and Southgate to Barnet and Enfield; while the " residential influence " of the metropolis far exceeds these limits, and may be observed at Harrow and Pinner, Bushey and Boxmoor, St Albans, Harpenden, Stevenage and many other places.Advertisement