Harmlessly sentence example
- Elkington showed that by cutting a deep drain through the clay, aided when necessary by wells or auger holes, the subjacent bed of sand or gravel in which a body of water is pent up by the clay, as in a vessel, might be tapped and the water conveyed harmlessly in the covered drain to the nearest ditch or stream.
- He thus finds that this sum should be either as great as 1 66, so that blowholes shall be absent; or as low as o 28, so that they shall be harmlessly deep-seated.
- In the case of the Neuadd dam this difficulty was met by deliberately omitting the mortar in transverse joints at regular intervals near the top of the dam, except just at their faces, where it of course cracks harmlessly, and by filling the rest with asphalt.
- Similarly a man who committed a murder twenty years ago and has since lived peaceably and harmlessly in society seems less guilty and his action more due to the law of inevitability, to someone who considers his action after twenty years have elapsed than to one who examined it the day after it was committed.
- bobbled away from him and fell harmlessly wide.Advertisement
- dissipate harmlessly into the atmosphere.
- melanin in the hair shaft, whilst passing harmlessly through the surrounding tissue.
- Exfoliation gently, effectively, and harmlessly removes the top layer of skin, allowing its natural radiance to shine through.
- 23) hardly shared this feeling; it was probably something once harmlessly associated with the cult of Yahweh (cf.
- The heavy rain, which had delayed the commencement of the action, had swollen the Bistritz so as to check their advance and thus postpone the decision, whilst the mist and driving rain hid the approaching troops from the Austrian gunners, whose shells burst almost harmlessly on the sodden ground.Advertisement