Hargreaves sentence example
- It is prepared on the industrial scale for the manufacture of sulphuric acid, for the preparation of sodium sulphate by the Hargreaves process, and for use as a bleaching-disinfecting agent and as a preservative.
- Hargreaves of the Somerset Light Infantry, starting from Leh as Captain C. a base, carried out careful survey work (their chief G.
- In the 18th century the ability of certain natives of the town greatly fostered its cotton industry; thus James Hargreaves here probably invented his spinning jenny about 1764, though the operatives, fearing a reduction of labour, would have none of it, and forced him to quit the town for Nottingham.
- This means that the previous manufacture of sulphuric acid in the vitriol-chambers is done away with, but this apparently great simplification is balanced by the great cost of the Hargreaves plant, and by the fact that the whole of the hydrochloric acid is mixed with nine or ten times its volume of inert gases.
- Therefore the Hargreaves process has been introduced only in a few places.Advertisement
- En 1767 Hargreaves produced the spinning-jenny; Arkwrights;pinning machine was exhibited in 1768; Cromptons mule was ~inished in 1779; Cartwright hit upon the idea of the power,oom in 1784, though it was not brought into profitable use till The Staffordshire potteries had been flourishing under Wedgwood SinCe 1763, and the improved steam-engine was brought into shape by Watt in 1768.
- Woodward, coached by Matt Hargreaves, also picked up a gold medal in the 400m hurdles.
- jenny invented by Hargreaves in 1767 had been introduced at Hall i ' th ' Wood.
- We asked a saga rose Porter Hargreaves Travel provided upstaging move ultra from fremantle.
- Much was expected at one time from the " direct salt-cake process " of Hargreaves and Robinson, in which common salt is M111111111111N01N1111??IIUilllllllf.111IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIillllllllillllllllllll1111111111111111l?iiiiiiillumismuriiiiiiiii???!II?!iiil I I?Advertisement
- The spinning jenny, which was patented by James Hargreaves (d.
- The sad sight of the laid up Hargreaves pusher tugs at Castleford.
- Hargreaves had an up-and-down campaign last season, which was partly affected by injury.