Hansel sentence example
- The brilliant success of Humperdinck's Hansel and Gretel, in which Wagnerian technique is applied to the diatonic style of nursery songs with a humorous accuracy undreamed of by Wagner's imitators, points a moral which would have charmed Wagner himself; but until the revival of some rudiments of musical common sense becomes widespread, there is little prospect of the influence of Wagner's harmonic style being productive of anything better than nonsense.
- Nursery rhymes and fairly tales are good choices, especially if both a boy and a girl are the main characters - as in Hansel and Gretel or Jack and Jill.
- The Brothers Grimm fairy tale Hansel and Gretel popularized the idea of making small houses from gingerbread.
- Spotlight Challenge: Design new fairy tale characters based on children's classics, including The Frog Prince, The Little Mermaid, Hansel and Gretel and Little Red Riding Hood.
- Similar treatments are given to Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, and Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater.Advertisement
- You can also call yourselves Hansel and Gretel - in which case, be sure to carry either breadcrumbs or gingerbread.