Hanger-on sentence example
- As a hanger-on in great houses he had little time for systematic work, and he wrote the "Lives" in the early morning while his hosts were sleeping off the effects of the dissipation of the night before.
- Adrienne grabbed a large stainless steel spoon from its hanger on the wall and primped at her distorted reflection.
- The term parasite, from meaning a "hanger-on," has been transferred to any living creature which lives on another one.
- It is no longer the merry, saucy hanger-on of the homestead, but is become the suspicious thief, shunning the gaze of man, and knowing that danger may lurk in every bush.
- Remedy defect in hanger on left side of trailing bogie.Advertisement
- hanger-on the hangers-on in a lot of cases you know.
- hanger-on these men and even women became the hangers-on in various crusades.
- hanger-on Bar - the habitat of aspiring politicians and assorted hangers-on.