Handsomer sentence example
- lucidum (China) is taller and handsomer.
- The natives are in general of a stronger and stouter make, and even handsomer, than those of western India; and the women of the higher classes are also handsome.
- Its walls are little inferior in height and massiveness to those of Peking, while its gates are handsomer and better defended than any at the capital.
- On the other hand, the larger and handsomer chital, or spotted deer (C. axis), stands apart by its white-spotted fawn-red coat and differently formed antlers.
- It is nearly related to the Mock Oranges, which it resembles, but is handsomer; thrives in light warm soil, and increased from suckers, cuttings, or seeds.Advertisement
- The rose-colored flowers are also much larger, handsomer, and taller, though scarcely more than 1 inch above the flat mass of leaves, so that the whole plant is seldom more than 3 inches high.
- They are earlier than the Spanish sorts, larger, and with bolder and handsomer flowers.
- Compacta is so called from its denser and more numerous flowers, and is therefore the handsomer of the two.
- It is handsomer than our indigenous species, E. pustulatum and E. vilgare.
- Our native E. vulgare is good in certain positions; its long racemes of blue flowers are handsomer than those of the Italian Anchusa.Advertisement
- I have never seen a handsomer man.